The Book in Three Sentences
- WORST USE OF SOCIAL MEDIA
The Five Big Ideas
- Comic skit “Happiness Of Today II” (Shen Teng, Ma Li etc)
- We see the world, not as it is, but as we are conditioned to “see” it.
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Be proactive
- Begin with the end in mind
- Put first things first
- Think win/win
- 市场低迷房子难卖 房企自建团队卖房
- Sharpen the saw
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Summary
*最佳真人秀主持：鲁保罗?查尔斯(RuPaul Charles)，《鲁保罗变装皇后秀》(RuPaul’s Drag Race, Logo)
- "The online Internet anti-corruption bid mostly relies on text, photos and videos and it is easy to be superficial if corrupt officials are only exposed this way."
Keep around people who like to remind you how smart you are, and stay even though they think you are a dick.
- 美国国家海洋与大气管理局(National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration)国家环境信息中心负责人托马斯愠尔(Thomas Karl)表示：“我们还是第一次看到这种情况。”
- We have many maps in our heads and each can be divided into two main categories: maps of the way things are, or realities, and maps of the way things should be, or values.
- “We interpret everything we experience through these mental maps. We seldom question their accuracy; we’re usually even unaware that we have them. We simply assume that the way we see things is the way they really are or the way they should be.”
- Will Theresa May remain prime minister in 2018
- “We see the world, not as it is, but as we are—or, as we are conditioned to see it.”
Even if Gibson turns out to be a rental and leaves as a free agent this summer, the Thunder will likely feel good about these trade terms.
- “Paradigms are inseparable from character. Being is seeing in the human dimension. And what we see is highly interrelated to what we are.”
- adj. 有益的，有利的
Wishing you all the blessings of a beautiful New Year season.
- 补救办法： 做预算。 如果你不能估算需要多少钱才能过上令你感到舒适的生活，你就无法确切地知道为了1万美元薪水而换工作是否真的划算。在比较新、旧工作时，列出各自的优缺点，这会对你很有帮助。如果新工作只是薪水更高一点，那么你可以比较下这个工作是否要求更长的工作时间和完成更多的工作任务。请记住，调查表明：年收入在7.5万美元以内，幸福感会随着薪水的增加而增加，但是一旦薪水超过这个水平，幸福感的增加便不再明显。因此，如果你认为薪水增加到8.5万或9万美元会使你更加快乐，这时你或许应该着手解决生活中那些与金钱无关而引起的不快乐。
- 颁奖典礼一开始，两位主持人妙语连珠，引来场下观众阵阵喝彩。马特?戴蒙、梅丽尔?斯特里普(Meryl Streep)和乔治克?鲁尼都自然而然地成为了调侃的对象。蒂娜?费对桑德拉?布洛克(Sandra Bullock)和克鲁尼参演《地心引力》的点评引发场下一阵爆笑。
- “The way we see the problem is the problem.”
- That's become a common refrain in Brazil - where the billions spent to build new or upgrade existing football stadiums both raised public ire about how the money was spent and has already caused ticket prices for Brazilian national soccer league matches to rise sharply. Some fans complain that's turned what were once affordable, raucous stadium experiences in Brazil into more costly and less spontaneous visits to storied stadiums like Rio's Maracana.
- Stephen defines a habit as the intersection of knowledge, skill, and desire. Knowledge is the theoretical paradigm, the what to do and the why. Skill is the how to do. And desire is the motivation, the want to do. To make something a habit in our lives, Stephen explains, we need to have all three.
- Once the U.S. economic recovery started in 2009, other parts of the world started to struggle in their own ways.
“与前些年相比，今年两会适逢领导人换届，还将讨论机构改革。会上还将讨论贯彻执行十八大政策的详细规划。”Lee Kyu-hyung, Republic of Korea ambassador
在我们有别于从前的失常状态中，她用所需要的一切使人们联想到生活的失重感。“这是一个时代的终结吗？这是美国的末日吗？”她在《When the World Was at War We Kept Dancing》（《当世界陷入战争之中，我们要继续跳舞》）这首歌中吟唱着。“不，这只是开始。”
- Genetic determinism. This basically says your grandparents did it to you. That’s why you have such a temper.
- Psychic determinism. This basically says your parents did it to you.
- Environmental determinism. This basically says your boss is doing it to you—or your spouse, or that bratty teenager, or your economic situation, or national policies. Someone or something in your environment is responsible for your situation.
- Between what happens to you, or the stimulus and your response to it is your freedom or power to choose that response. (Sam: this is similar to what Ryan Holiday writes in The Obstacle Is the Way.)
- The excitement was triggered by a Reuters story that cited documents about the potential transaction as the source of its information. Samsung actually has made at least one play for BlackBerry BBRY -19.77% before, in 2012. As to this latest rumor, the alleged takeover target was the first to refute that a deal is in the works.
Spielman was sifting through dirt at the Emek Tzurim national park on the slopes of the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem when she noticed the small rectangular object.
Total net profit for China’s commercial banks grew by 2.4 per cent last year, according to data from China’s bank regulator. Smaller banks saw increases in profit growth, while bigger banks slowed down.
The global trend of peace, development and cooperation and globalization are indivisible.
Pan Jiancheng, deputy head of the bureau's China Economic Monitoring and Analysis Center, said the increasing proportion of research and development expenditure to GDP indicates that the driving force of economic growth is transforming to innovation-focus from the traditional factors - exports and investment.
- 北京新颁五项排放标准 家具制造业成重灾区
- 量子点混合LED超乎想象 新一代照明系统指日可待
- Another common path to job loss is the habitual obsession that many employees have with social media. Some companies have taken measures to monitor or limit their employees’ social media use, while others have blocked these sites completely. So beware: spending too much time on social media or other websites not related to your work can cost you your job.
Martial art “China Youth”(Zhao Wenzhuo and friends)
- Indirect control. Problems involving other people’s behavior
- No control. Problems we can do nothing about, such as our past or situational realities. (Sam: this is similar to what William B. Irvine writes in A Guide to The Good Life: “There are things over which we have complete control, things over which we have no control at all, and things over which we have some but not complete control.”)
- “‘Begin with the end in mind’ is based on the principle that all things are created twice. There’s a mental or first creation, and a physical or second creation, to all things.”
- 15. An Amazing Coincidence One of the studios with the most on-screen diversity — it released “Trainwreck” and “Straight Outta Compton” (if also “Ted 2”) — and with the most female directors is Universal, which, as of early December, had gobbled up almost 24 percent of the year’s market share.
Despite the surge of private wealth in China, the country’s billionaires have not yet cracked the top ranks of global rich lists. Hurun estimates that Mr Wang, China’s richest man and head of the Wanda group, ranks 26th globally.
- Executives from PwC immediately realized there was a problem, but they were too late to rectify the mistake as Dunaway read out the name La La Land from a card that was meant to be for the Best Actress award, which Emma Stone won for her role in the film earlier in the night.
The top 10 Weibo celebrities now have a combined 40 million followers. One of the most famous online figures, Papi Jiang, already signed a contract for video ads worth a staggering 22 million.
- It’s personal
- It’s positive
- It’s present tense
- It’s visual
- It’s emotional.
An example of an affirmation: “It is deeply satisfying (emotional) that I (personal) respond (present tense) with wisdom, love, firmness, and self-control (positive) when my children misbehave.” (Sam: Jack Canfield writes about the power of affirmations and visualization in The Success Principles.)
- Much of the boost in exports came from shipments to the US, which grew for the first time since March at an annualised rate of 6.9 per cent to $36.8bn. Among other destinations that swung back to growth last month was the the EU, shipments to which rose 5.1 per cent to $29.9bn, as did those to Japan, by 3.2 per cent to $12.2bn.
- v. 构成，把 ...
If you like The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, you may also enjoy the following books: