Discovery Health Channel
|Headquarters||Silver Spring, Maryland|
|Launched||July 1, 1998|
|Closed||December 31, 2010|
|Replaced by||OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network (channel space)|
Discovery Life (merger with FitTV)
Discovery Health Channel was an American subscription television channel. Launched in July 1998, it was owned by Discovery Communications as a spin-off of Discovery Channel, focusing on health and wellness-oriented programming.
In the beginning, DHC's programming consisted of reruns of medical- and health-themed programming from other Discovery networks, particularly TLC. As the network matured, it began producing its own reality series, mostly dealing with babies (Babies: Special Delivery, Birth Day), bodies (Plastic Surgery: Before and After, National Body Challenge), and medicine (The Critical Hour, Dr. G: Medical Examiner). DHC also showed episodes of the CBS medical drama series Chicago Hope on a semi-regular basis. DHC also aired fitness-related programming, most of which later spun off to its sister network FitTV. DHC won its first Daytime Emmy in 2004 for its original series about adoptive families, Adoption Stories.
On January 15, 2008, Discovery announced a joint venture with Oprah Winfrey's Harpo Productions to re-launch Discovery Health as OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network, in 2009. After multiple delays, OWN officially launched on January 1, 2011, replacing Discovery Health.
On February 1, 2011, FitTV was rebranded as Discovery Fit & Health. The network initially took on Discovery Health's programming with FitTV's fitness programming as a complement. It was relaunched in 2015 as Discovery Life, to reflect a generalization of its scope to include life events and family stories.
- 钢价遭遇倒春寒 吨钢利润降至1.05元. Washington Post. Retrieved April 29, 2017.
- 建材价格跌幅收窄 商家信心得到支撑. New York Post. Retrieved April 30, 2017.
- "Oprah Winfrey's OWN network lineup will aim to offer 'mindful television'". National Post. Retrieved April 30, 2017.
- Steinberg, Brian (2014-07-08). Summly和雅虎拒绝对交易的条款置评。. Retrieved 2016-08-27.
- 商改住被指违规成本低：开发商最多被罚几万元. Multichannel. Retrieved 2018-03-10.
- 55家企业新入围中国企业500强榜单. Adweek. Retrieved 2018-03-10.