The global total stands at 3,029,452 infections in 185 countries, with 210,370 deaths, according to the Johns Hopkins online dashboard.
Increasing trends in 4 global regions
《Look What You Made Me Do》（《看看你们都让我做了什么》）这首单曲可以载入史册了，流行音乐学者们可能会世世代代地讨论它是否是一次绝妙的公关行动。
6. Ipoh, Malaysia-Around 200 kilometers north of Kuala Lumpur, the former British colonial city is now a foodie destination, where local street food and boutique cafes around.
Promote all-round economic, political, cultural, social, and ecological progress
Yes. Mrs May lost most of her authority with the bungled snap election. But the past few months have been kinder. Sealing a Brexit divorce deal has ensured short-term job security. So until Brexit is formally complete in 2019, or an appealing alternative emerges, the Conservative party will keep her where she is. Remainers and Leavers alike wish to avoid a civil war that would be sparked by moving against her. What was thought to be an unsustainable position is proving surprisingly sustainable.
The biggest brands outperform financial markets, according to BrandZ, which says this illustrates their financial power and value to shareholders.
Yet that's finally about to change. With hiring up and unemployment falling, businesses will have to go the extra mile for employees or risk losing sales to competitors because they lack enough staff to boost production.
"People can be unhappy for many reasons -- from poverty to unemployment to family breakdown to physical illness," the report said. "But in any particular society, chronic mental illness is a highly influential cause of misery. If we want a happier world, we need a completely new deal on mental health."
9.Use One Planner
Italy unveils plan to lift restrictions
In Italy, the first country outside of China to experience a massive outbreak, cases and deaths are slowly declining, and the country's prime minister said yesterday that the country will begin a phased lifting of its measures on May 4, NPR reported.
“即使你已经接受美联储加息的现实，也还有其他原因感到紧张，”美银美林(Bank of America Merrill Lynch)新兴市场负责人戴维樠纳(David Hauner)表示。他指出，油价不断下跌和中国经济增长放缓，是CBOE的VIX指数（反映投资者情绪的晴雨表）所衡量的市场波动水平自8月以来居高不下的其中两大原因。
These contraptions, including a nano-sized car, are so small that they’re invisible to the human eye.
《中国日报》(China Daily)援引中国旅游研究院(China Tourism Academy)和北京市旅游发展委员会(Beijing Commission of Tourism Development)的一篇报告称，污染状况加剧以及人民币升值，使得北京去年1月至11月间的外国游客数量从2012年同期的501万人下降至420万人。此前一份基于对国内旅行社的调查的报告显示，去年前三个季度赴北京旅游的游客数量较上年同期下降约50%。
I am here to speak on behalf of the starving children around the world whose cries go unheard. 我演讲是为了世界所有忍受饥饿的儿童，而他们的哭泣却无人听见。
In Germany, where cases and deaths are also on the decline, the government is slowly easing restrictions, but cloth face masks are mandatory on public transport and in shops in most of the country's states, the BBC reported.
Russia's total passes China's
Actively expanding China's opening up to the world
Russia's lockdown is slated to expire on Apr 30, and so far it's not clear if it will be extended. According to Reuters, though the head of the country's safety watchdog Rospotrebnadzor has recommended keeping restrictions through May 12, the government is considering proposals to ease some curbs on businesses.
The number of inbound travelers to Beijing grew after the city hosted the 2008 Olympics until 2012, when it saw a 3.8% decline, followed by the further drop last year.
India National Cricket Team
Japan weighs extending emergency
Japan's government, meanwhile, is considering extending the country's state of emergency beyond May 6, Japan Times reported. The country's hot spot is Tokyo, though several prefectures are also battling outbreaks. Kyodo News reports that Japan has expanded an entry ban to 14 more countries, including Russia, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.
Also, the country's president today signaled that officials may approve the antiviral drug remdesivir for treating patients with COVID-19. Japan reported 201 more cases today, the health ministry said, down slightly from 210 yesterday.
In other global developments:
- The United Kingdom's National Health Service has sent an urgent alert to doctors warning them about a rise over the last 2 to 3 weeks in a multisystem inflammatory condition that requires intensive care in children with COVID-19, the UK-based Health Service Journal Officials raised concerns about an emerging condition in UK kids or perhaps a coinfection with another unknown pathogen.
- Muslims in some parts of Indonesia have gathered at mosques to take part in evening Ramadan prayers, despite warnings from the government and religious groups that the practice could spread COVID-19, the Jakarta Post
- New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said yesterday that the country has "eliminated" the virus, with just one new case reported yesterday, the BBC Experts have praised New Zealand's success, due to early strict measures and the government's teamwork messaging to the public. Also, the country is small and has more control over its borders.
- Animal health officials in the Netherlands said yesterday that minks at two commercial farms have tested positive for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 in people. The animals were showing symptoms, which included respiratory problems. An investigation is under way into the infections, but employees at both companies had symptoms, and sick people probably passed the virus to the minks. The statement on the mink illnesses said a recent study showed that ferrets were susceptible to the virus.