Twitter isn’t letting the idea of the coronavirus stop jokes and memes from making their way around the country. In fact, the phrase “#coronapocalypse” was one of the top trending terms Friday morning as social media members find ways to cope with the spread of the coronavirus.
What’s going on:
- Worry over the coronavirus took a new turn Thursday after several sports leagues, entertainment events and businesses announced they would close their doors as the outbreak spreads.
- Notable shutdowns include Disneyland, Disney World and the NBA.
- Businesses — like Chick-fil-A and Megaplex Theatres — issued statements about how they’re preparing for the coronavirus, too.
- Health experts advised people to stay home to avoid spread of the coronavirus. Celebrities, athletes and general citizens announced they would go under quarantines if they could.
The memes begin
The circular also stressed zero tolerance for cheating.
- Paul George, Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony, Gordon Hayward Jimmy Butler, Derrick Rose, Paul Millsap, J.J. Redick, Eric Bledsoe, Dwight Howard ... the list goes on and on of players who switched uniforms since last year.
- There have been more than 136,000 confirmed cases of coronavirus across the world, including more than 1,200 in the United States alone, according to Johns Hopkins University.