health(redirected from health information)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
2. physical well-being. Cf. dyscrasia. — eucrasic, eucratic, adj.
2. a system of principles for promoting health. — hygienist, n. — hygienic, adj.
2. excessive concern and conversation about one’s health. Also called hypochondria, nosomania. — hypochondriac, n. — hypochondriacal, adj.
2. the science of attaining and maintaining good health. — soteriological, adj.
2. a state of being concerned with health, often excessively.
3. invalidism. — valetudinarian, n., adj.
See Also: PAIN
- Without a cellphone at hand, Sun tried yelling to get the attention of people outside, but no one responded as time passed by.
- In the month since her death, police have not said whether she accidentally pulled the trigger or was shot by someone else in the room.
Andy Murray's US Open victory and Olympic gold medal helped him to become the most searched-for British Olympian.
- Lecent was with an unknown number of other youth when she was killed by a single bullet inside a home in a public-housing complex near Martin Grove Rd. and Finch Ave W.
- Fit as a fiddle —John Ray’s Proverbs
In early December, authorities announced that market circuit breakers would be introduced become effective from January 1 in an effort to limit the volatility seen during the savage, summer sell-off from June. The circuit breakers would see trading in shares, options and futures halted for 15 minutes if they fell by more than 5 per cent. On their first day of use, that first threshold was breached just after the return from the lunchbreak, prompting a 15-minute halt.
PRICE PER SQUARE FOOT: $310
- Its Academic Ranking of World Universities is made up of six objective indicators, including the number of alumni and staff winning Nobel Prizes and Fields Medals, the number of highly-cited researchers, the number of articles published in the journals Nature and Science, the number of articles indexed in the "Science Citation Index", and their per capita performance.
- The growth has laid a solid foundation for the development of the film industry in China in the future, the experts added.
- Usher “Good Kisser” (RCA)
- They're developing a core and sorting through roles. Because they're the Lakers, there remains the possibility that a solid free agent or two will look their way.
- Puerto Ricans have been hit with dozens of new taxes in the past four years and increases in utility bills as former Gov. Alejandro Garcia Padilla aimed to generate more revenue for a government he said was running out of money. Despite those and other measures, the island’s government has defaulted on millions of dollars’ worth of bond payments and declared a state of emergency at several agencies.
- “What Happened, Miss Simone?” (Liz Garbus)
- Radiate health and good will like a red-hot stove —Robertson Davies
See Also: KINDNESS
- You are so engaged in thinking of him that you don't notice that there is no No.12.
- Sound as a bell of brass —Anon
According to Larry Gottlieb, a one-time handicapper for the New York Morning Telegraph, this expression used to assay a thoroughbred up for sale is the most commonly used simile in racing circles. It was introduced in England during the nineteenth century.
- 家居 家具 智能 智能家居
|Noun||1.||health - a healthy state of wellbeing free from disease; "physicians should be held responsible for the health of their patients"|
|2.||health - the general condition of body and mind; "his delicate health"; "in poor health"|
wellbeing disease, illness, weakness, sickness, frailty, debility
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity" Constitution of the World Health Organization
"An apple a day keeps the doctor away"
to be in good/bad health → estar bien/mal de salud
he was granted early retirement on grounds of ill health → le concedieron la jubilación anticipada por razones de salud
good health! → ¡(a tu) salud!
to drink (to) sb's health → beber a la salud de algn, brindar por algn
Minister of Health → Ministro/a m/f de Sanidad
Ministry of Health → Ministerio m de Sanidad
Department of Health and Human Services (US) → Ministerio m de Sanidad y Seguridad Social
health benefit N (US) → subsidio m de enfermedad
health care N → asistencia f sanitaria, atención f sanitaria
health centre, health center (US) N → centro m de salud, centro m médico
health club N → gimnasio m
health education N → educación f sanitaria
health farm N → centro m de adelgazamiento
health food(s) N(PL) → alimentos mpl dietéticos, alimentos mpl naturales
health food shop N → tienda f de alimentos dietéticos, herbolario m
health hazard N → peligro m para la salud, riesgo m para la salud
it's a health hazard → presenta un peligro or un riesgo para la salud
health insurance N → seguro m de enfermedad, seguro m médico
health problem N (personal) → problema m de salud; (public) → problema m sanitario
health resort N (= spa) → balneario m; (in mountains) → sanatorio m
Health Service N (Brit) → Servicio m de Sanidad, Servicio m de Salud Pública
see also national Health Service doctor N → médico m de la Seguridad Social
health spa N → balneario m
health visitor N → auxiliar mf sanitario/a (en asistencia domiciliaria)
see also professional B2
Her health has never been very good → Sa santé n'a jamais été très bonne.
to be restored to health → être guéri(e)
to be bad for one's health → être mauvais(e) pour la santé
to be good for one's health → être bon(ne) pour la santé
to be in good health → être en bonne santé
to be in good physical health → être en bonne forme physique
to be in poor health → être en mauvaise santé
sexual health → santé sexuelle
to drink to sb's health, to drink sb's health → boire à la santé de qn Department of Health
health[hɛlθ] n (gen) → salute f
Ministry of Health → ministero della Sanità
Health Minister → ministro della Sanità
Department of Health → ministero della Sanità
to be in good/bad health → essere in buona/cattiva salute
to drink sb's health → bere alla salute di qn
your health! → (alla tua) salute!
health→ صِحَّة zdraví helbred Gesundheit υγεία salud terveys santé zdravlje salute 健康 건강 gezondheid helse zdrowie saúde здоровье hälsa สุขภาพ sağlık sức khỏe 健康
- Health and beauty
- I have health insurance (US)
I have private health insurance (UK)
- I don't have health insurance