The Book in Three Sentences
- 他们两个自称拥有着世界上最大的两个粉丝基础。但是周日晚上，在伦敦温布利SSE竞技场上举行的2017年欧洲音乐大奖中，Shawn Mendes夺得桂冠， Taylor Swift在她参选的五个奖项中纷纷落选。
The Five Big Ideas
- 一部富有感染力的、描写一名年轻黑人男同性恋成长故事的影片《月光男孩》(Moonlight)，获得2017年奥斯卡(Oscar)最佳影片奖。不过，该片险些与此奖项擦肩而过，原因是在混乱的颁奖现场，此奖项曾被误颁给了《爱乐之城》(La La Land)。
- 2. LinkedIn. Brand love: 47% / Rank: 309
- We see the world, not as it is, but as we are conditioned to “see” it.
- Remember, no one is ever perfectly prepared for every situation. You’ve probably discovered this by now. Your education gave you a foundation for the job, but growth happens in the trenches. Maybe you motivated your team not just to meet the new deadline, but to deliver extraordinary work. Perhaps you realized you had more poise than you ever expected in a client situation. Or, you suddenly discovered that you can capitalize on the relationships you’ve built and become a “rainmaker” for your organization. Before you can learn any of these things, you have to learn to say “Yes.” It’s okay to acknowledge the butterflies in your stomach; however, it’s not okay to let them stifle your growth.
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Be proactive
- Begin with the end in mind
- Put first things first
- Think win/win
- 陶瓷厂做工死亡 索赔律师费谁付？
- Sharpen the saw
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Summary
Mr Baweja’s extensive analysis on the changing nature of globalisation suggests the prime factor behind the weakness of global trade growth (which for a long time expanded at twice the rate of global GDP) has been a slowdown in investment.
A Sicilian Photographer of the Mafia and Her ‘Archive of Blood’
- 1. Apple. Brand love: 57% / Rank: 32
- We have many maps in our heads and each can be divided into two main categories: maps of the way things are, or realities, and maps of the way things should be, or values.
- “We interpret everything we experience through these mental maps. We seldom question their accuracy; we’re usually even unaware that we have them. We simply assume that the way we see things is the way they really are or the way they should be.”
- “We see the world, not as it is, but as we are—or, as we are conditioned to see it.”
Other top ten foreign pictures were Transformers: The Last Knight, Dangal, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, and Kong: Skull Island.
- “Paradigms are inseparable from character. Being is seeing in the human dimension. And what we see is highly interrelated to what we are.”
她曾为Glitzy Girl、Sally Miller和Purple Pixies等服装公司担任模特，也为《Teen Vogue》《Cosmopolitan》《Elle》和《Seventeen》等杂志拍摄照片。
- All held together with imported white stilton cheese, the flakes are interspersed on the pie with dollops of Ossetra caviar from the Caspian Sea as well as truffles and Fois Gras from France.
要让产品显得很“酷”并不是唯一的目的。科技行业如果想让我们身体的更多部位连上网络，那么安全问题和隐私问题，尤其是顾客数据管理问题，依旧需要慎重考虑。正如《经济学人》（The Economist）所说，蓬勃发展的传感器的魅力，以及可穿戴设备的算法，分散了人们对于其他要素的关注。这些关键的其它要素包括：“标准、互通性、一体化、数据管理”，以及“知识产权、执行标准”。对国家安全局（National Security Administration）而言，这些技术发展都必须以网络安全为前提。
- “The way we see the problem is the problem.”
- 4. Your co-worker blabbed。
The Caixin-sponsored series is based on a much smaller sample of private companies than the official PMI reading, which focuses on larger state enterprises, and tends to be more volatile.
- Stephen defines a habit as the intersection of knowledge, skill, and desire. Knowledge is the theoretical paradigm, the what to do and the why. Skill is the how to do. And desire is the motivation, the want to do. To make something a habit in our lives, Stephen explains, we need to have all three.
James Gorman, a Times reporter, accompanied scientists who are trying to understand the genes that distinguish dogs from wolves. Humans who raise wolf puppies must spend 24 hours a day, seven days a week with them in order to socialize these puppies for scientific study. And while the pups may seem cute, they will grow to be predatory wolves, not humanity’s faithful companions. The researchers hope their work will help reveal the trigger that made some ancient wolves into the dogs we know today.
- Feud: Bette and Joan
- 麦迪逊马里奇(Madison Marriage)是会计和税收事务记者
Harry Styles, 'Harry Styles'
- Civil War takes place after the events of Avengers: Age of Ultron, when the government decides that the Avengers should work under them and not on their own. Steve Rogers, aka Captain America, is against this idea whereas Tony Stark, aka Iron Man, is with the government. This leads to a conflict between Captain America and Iron Man.
"The articles were submitted with reviewer suggestions, which had real researcher names but fabricated email addresses," Peter Butler, editorial director for cell biology and biochemistry at Springer Nature, told Shanghai-based news website The Paper.
- Genetic determinism. This basically says your grandparents did it to you. That’s why you have such a temper.
- Psychic determinism. This basically says your parents did it to you.
- Environmental determinism. This basically says your boss is doing it to you—or your spouse, or that bratty teenager, or your economic situation, or national policies. Someone or something in your environment is responsible for your situation.
- Between what happens to you, or the stimulus and your response to it is your freedom or power to choose that response. (Sam: this is similar to what Ryan Holiday writes in The Obstacle Is the Way.)
- Last year was the hottest on earth since record-keeping began in 1880, scientists reported on Friday, underscoring warnings about the risks of runaway greenhouse gas emissions and undermining claims by climate change contrarians that global warming had somehow stopped.
- *Reality Host: RuPaul Charles, “RuPaul’s Drag Race” (Logo)
Games are serious business in China. The country's online game market will reach 41 billion yuan by 2012 ($6 billion), accounting for half the global market, according to newly released data from Cnzz.com Inc., a Beijing-based third-party data analysis firm (related report in Chinese here).
- Along with her friend Chloe, Max is out to uncover the truth behind the mysterious disappearance of fellow student Rachel Amber. With an indie-film feel and an eclectic soundtrack, Life Is Strange stands out from other games by blending the angst of being a teenage girl today with life-and-death situations, and the ability to rewind time. While this gameplay mechanic has been used in many games before, this take on time manipulation feels as unique as the American characters the French developer has created.
Drivers of China's online ride-hailing services will be required to hold a license by passing exams in November.
- 红木家具“实力”不减 行情持续走低究竟是为何？
- n. 雨燕，线轴
“We miss a heck of a lot of people,” Mr Hoogewerf told the Financial Times. “I was in Beijing two weeks ago and visited this investment company. In the space of one afternoon I discovered 30 people who went on to our rich list this year. Last year they were under our radar.”
The education sector has remained largely unchanged by online service delivery — but could be transformed dramatically in 2018.
- Indirect control. Problems involving other people’s behavior
- No control. Problems we can do nothing about, such as our past or situational realities. (Sam: this is similar to what William B. Irvine writes in A Guide to The Good Life: “There are things over which we have complete control, things over which we have no control at all, and things over which we have some but not complete control.”)
- “‘Begin with the end in mind’ is based on the principle that all things are created twice. There’s a mental or first creation, and a physical or second creation, to all things.”
- 6. The parties are epic – if you have the time
- 8. 随着养老金抽干州市财政，就业前景疲弱
- “This growth is further backed by Video Editing making an appearance at number 3 on the list with a 19% increase,” the report states, “as video content becomes one of the initial draws and call to actions for most customer-focused websites. Heavy video marketing through social media also increases this demand.”
报告指出，中国网游开发商自今年年初以来一直在考虑按照时间收费。在排名前十的网络游戏中，时间收费型网游占据了4个席位，其中两款是今年才开始商业化运营的新游戏，包括盛大互动娱乐有限公司(Shanda Interactive Entertainment)的主要新游戏《永恒之塔》(AION)。Cnzz.com说，转向时间收费模式更有可能给游戏带来公平和公正感，因为玩的最好的玩家将是那些花时间最多的人，而不是那些花钱最多的用户。
2.Yeah, I’ll start working on that ASAP! – Because telling you I have 10 things to do first would just irritate you。
日前，斯坦福大学商学院(Stanford Graduate School of Business)教授彼得o库迪斯基于这场荷兰危机共同撰写了一篇文章，围绕“个人经验（而非市场信息）决定乐观、悲观以及信贷的获得与否”这种不那么科学的方法给出了现代经验。
- It’s personal
- It’s positive
- It’s present tense
- It’s visual
- It’s emotional.
An example of an affirmation: “It is deeply satisfying (emotional) that I (personal) respond (present tense) with wisdom, love, firmness, and self-control (positive) when my children misbehave.” (Sam: Jack Canfield writes about the power of affirmations and visualization in The Success Principles.)
- “Thutmose III was one of the most important pharaohs in Egypt’s New Kingdom and is credited with establishing the Egyptian imperial province in Canaan,” said Gabriel Barkay, the co-founder and director of the Temple Mount Sifting Project.
If you like The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, you may also enjoy the following books: